Feed the hungry, one bowl at a time. For each answer you get right, another person gets 20 grains of rice!
FreeRice has two goals:
- Provide education to everyone for free.
- Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
Answer trivia and solve problems from a variety of subjects as you not only improve your education and analytical skills, but also help the world.
The UN World Food Program's FreeRice game makes a huge difference to those in need. Most of the people who suffer of hunger in our world are children, and about 25,000 people lose their life to hunger each day.
While 20 grains of rice may seem like a small amount, it is everything to those who so desperately need it.
The more you play, the more you benefit not only yourself, but also your fellow man.
Since its inception in October of 2007, FreeRice has generated enough rice to feed more than two million people.
Help feed the world, with FreeRice.
- Answer the trivia question on screen. If you answer it correctly you add 20 grains of rice to your bowl.
- The more questions you get right, the more you learn and the more you get to feed the hungry.
- Futher instructions provided at www.freerice.com/faq.html
Developer: UN World Food Program
“A simple way to bring kids to the Internet for a good reason, a way to feed their minds and . . . to feed a whole lot of people . . . helping fight world hunger, one grain of rice at a time. ” - NBC Evening News
“Feeling guilty about wasting time on computer solitaire? Join the growing guilt-free multitude at FreeRice.com, an online game with redeeming social value.” - USA Today
“The Web site offers a greater gift, the gift of awareness about world hunger.” - NPR National Public Radio